Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet the Teacher Linky Party





Thank to Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade---for hosting this awesome linky party to get to know a little about everyone out there- Here's a little about me...


So, this is me-and yes I'm sporting my best side of course!! I'm 26 years old and this is my 4th year teaching. I spent my first year in Kindergarten and loved it, but the last 3 years have been spent in 1st grade and I couldn't be happier! I graduated from Carson Newman College with a degree in Early Childhood Educ. (PreK-4 endorsement). When I graduated I swore to myself that my education was over....well in August of 2009, I graduated with my Masters in Children's Literacy and now I am currently working on my Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction and will graduate in August. Whew! Now- I think I'll be done--my husband pushes me to do my best and I cannot believe how far I've gone!
 I've been married for 3.5 years and I'm completely convinced that my husband is superman. He folds clothes (and yes...he even puts them away) cleans up after dinner, picks up random trash that I've left behind (like my fruit snack wrappers) cleans the floors, and vacuums! He's stolen my heart and continues to strive to be the man God wants him to be daily. I'm so blessed!


We do not yet have any children, but we pray everyday for God to bless us with children when His time comes. 

Here's a picture of the family---my Mom and Dad and my big brother (he's 27). My parents are absolute blessings to me and have set such a perfect example of what true love really is. My Dad has inspired me and my Mom has taught me everything I know! I am daddy's girl and my mom is my best friend. I usually call home at least twice a day and HATE it when they are out of town (which is quite often). They are both hilarious and I most definitely would not be who I am today without both of them. 

My brother just got married in November and now I have the cutest Sister-In-Law EVER! I actually introduced them (I've never done that before---) and I'm so happy for them both!

Questions & Answers.....yay!



Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                              
A:  Definitely a stay-at-home mom. I admire my friends who stay at home with their children while also juggling side jobs at home. I already have a side business Frogs, Bees, and Under the Seas! where we like to post tips for teachers, plan parties and search for the cutest new party ideas. 


Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                   


    A:   Spending time with my husband,  shopping, being out at the lake, digital scrapbooking, blogging, coupons, organizing and did I mention shopping {the thrifty way}? 


Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                      

A:  I can never remember a time when I did not want to teach. I feel like I've always grown up telling people what to do and being in control so long that it's practically in my blood. It's a passion--not a job for me!
    
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                   

 A: Dr. Pepper, Chips, Milky Ways, and Lifetime TV

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                        

 A: No following God's plan for my life---and the unknown. I'm such a planner that the not knowing scares me yet- excites me all at once!

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                    

 A: Cruise, any white sand blue water beach, this year we were lucky enough to enjoy Hawaii and I'd like to go back!
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   

A:  Become friends with the lunchroom staff, secretaries and custodians at your school--they ultimately rule the school!

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                    

A: Dependability and Faithfulness 

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        

A: Outgoing. There is nothing sweeter than being able to walk into a room and be comfortable with those around you. I would love to someday raise a little ham just like myself. Thanks Dad---that would be a trait from him. 

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                               

A:  I'm going to have to go with Michelle from Fabulous in First. I would love to get together with all of you fabulous first grade teachers from blog land and just share ideas all day---it'd be awesome if we all worked together---boy those kids would be so overstimulated it'd be like playing video games all day, but the fun learning kind you know? 

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
My husband and I actually share the same birthday---and we met while looking for chatters on AOL (back in the day). I actually misspelled our hometown and he had it spelled wrong too (the same way I misspelled it) and I found him and messaged him. We started dating and 4 years later were married on 7.7.07! The number 7 represents perfection in The Bible and my husband is as close to perfect as it gets, therefore that is why I chose to be married on the day of perfection. :) 

They Lived Happily Ever After!!-- Check out my personal blog!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment